What is the subject of the speech?
SDG 10 of the 2030 Agenda. “Reducing inequality within and between countries is integral to achieving the goals for sustainable development .”
Why is it important?
The issue of inequality is a permanent pending subject in the history of humanity. Although legislation has been improved and each historical stage has had its heroes-activists in this regard: Martin Luther-King, Mother Teresa of Calcutta, or Nelson Mandela, to name some of the best known, inequality remains a great challenge to human progress and a moral issue that concerns us all.
What do we need?
It is essential to distribute resources equitably, to invest particularly in education and in the development of the professional skills needed in today’s world. It is absolutely essential to implement social protection measures, to fight discrimination, to help marginalized groups out of their situation and to promote international cooperation.
TEDIS 2024 Basis
1. To be in any grade of ESO courses
2. 1st or 2nd of ESO students: the speech must last 2 minutes and can be in Catalan or Spanish
3. 3rd or 4th of ESO: the speech must be 3 minutes long and in English
4. Each student can participate with a single speech in one language only
5. Each school can present a maximum of 3 students per grade and language
6. The speech should be original and inspiring and propose ideas for implementing SDG 10
7. The speeches will be judged according to the TEDIS 2024 rubrics – Online rubric and Final Rubric (watch out Tips)
8. ONLINE PHASE: record and send a video of the speech
- Registration from January 9th
- Send the video of the speech before February 12 through the form “Send the speech”
- Publication of finalists on March 4
Get in touch with us through email@example.com